Favre finally called it quits…..or did he?
Brett Favre has informed his Vikings teammates that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.
Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, “This is it,” league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he’s not returning this season.
The Vikings’ ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.
Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota’s overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.
Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.
Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.
I’m almost certain he’ll be there around game 3 or 4 of preseasons on the field, this is this guy gameplay or how he rolls. He just can’t let that bitch called football go. They well have to drag this guy off the field, I’m telling you.
This is the same ole Brett, I will not believe it till he is physically unable to return.